To view tonight’s box score click here
3 Standout Performances:
- Angel Pagan went 2 for 4 with 2 RBI singles.
- Ronny Paulino had 2 doubles and an RBI.
- Capuano gave up 3 runs(2 earned) on 8 hits over 6 innings. He walked 3 and struck out 5.
You could tell the team felt the pressure from that loss last night. They just didn’t look the same as they did on that roadtrip. Hopefully, that will be gone by tomorrow.
Ronny Paulino has hit great all year long, he drove 2 doubles today, one in the gap and one down the line. He has been great so far this year.
Pagan is a different hitter since his return from the DL.
I am making no excuses, but Jordan Walden (the Angels closer) has filthy stuff. That slider of his is nearly unhittable. I tip my hat to him.
This team has so much more fight that we did last year.
Grade for the Game: B-
- Chris Capuano went 6 1/3 innings and let up 8 hits, 2 runs, 3 walks, and 5 strikeouts.
- Iggy and Gee combined for 2 2/3 scoreless innings, striking out 3 and letting up 1 hit.
- Carlos Beltran had 2 hits including a double. Ronny Paulino also had 2 hits.
- Daniel Murphy hit a double. Ike Davis also had a hit.
You know…I hate making excuses but you Tim Lincecum was simply dirty tonight striking out 12 Mets in 7 innings.
This does not mean that the Mets did not have opportunities. They had 1st and 3rd with 0 outs and could not score. They also threatened with 2 on in the first inning.
Citi Field played very big tonight as it took away 2 potential homers, one Mets and one Giants. The quote “out of any other ball park” came up alot.
Capuano was great as a 5th starter keeping the Mets in the game, just sort of got unlucky with the pitching matchup. I like what he is doing.
Grade for the Game: C
- Chris Young started and went 4 2/3 innings while letting up 4 hits, 3 runs, 2 walks, and 3 strikeouts.
- Ike Davis went 3 for 4 with a double and 2 runs scored.
- Jason Bay went 2 for 4 with 2 runs scored.
- Murphy and Beltran both hit doubles.
- Thole hit the game winning go ahead double in the 6th to get the Mets a lead.
- Pridie had 2 hits and Wright hit an RBI groundout.
- Igarashi pitched 1/3 scoreless innings and Buchholz pitched 2 scoreless.
- Izzy pitched an inning and gave up a run. K-Rod nailed it down in the 9th.
I was the most impressed today about Beltran. His double in my mind should have been a triple that he ran out well, but they gave Werth an error.
The ‘Pen looks better everytime out.
Young did have some rust, but you expect that after not pitching in a game for awhile. I expect him to be fine.
Ike Davis does something great everynight, as he made a great play to end the game tonight.
The 2 run double by Thole could turn him around this year.
That’s 5 in a row, Let’s keep it goin!
Grade for the Game: B+