By the Numbers:
- Mike Pelfrey went 7 innings, let up 4 hits, 2 runs, 0 walks, and 6 strikeouts.
- Jose Reyes was hitless with a sac fly.
- Daniel Murphy had 2 hits and is now hitting .305 on the year.
- Tejada and Duda had a hit each.
- Byrdak walked in the 3rd run with the bases loaded.
Mike Pelfrey was so good tonight, he retired 21 of his final 22 batters after giving up 3 hits to the first 3 batters of the game. He really settled down only giving up 1 homer to Brandon Wood.
Jose Reyes was robbed of a hit on his Sac fly, Duda ran the Mets out of the inning as he was doubled off first.This stopped the rally the Mets had going only resulting in 1 run for the inning.
Daniel Murphy just keeps hitting, and hitting, and hitting.
Tejada got another hit and made another great defensive play tonight, he is really playing well for the team.
Grade for the Game: B-
By the Numbers:
- Chris Capuano started and went 6 innings while letting up 6 hits, 1 run, 2 walks, and 5 strikeouts.
- Jose Reyes had 2 MORE hits today including a go ahead 2 run triple.
- Tejada had 2 hits and Pagan had 1.
- Beato, Izzy, and K-Rod pitched a scoreless inning each.
- Beltran had no hits but had a homer robbed from him.
Cap was great in his return to Milwaukee. He threw strikes got big outs, that is shown by how he struck out Braun twice.
I know Shaq retired it during his retirement speech, but Jose Reyes is superman. He can FLY.
Jason Bay is at 0 for 20….Year and a half long slump, come on man!
The ‘pen really stepped up today going 9 up 9 down.
Hat tip to former Met Carlos Gomez, that was a great play on Beltran’s ball.
Grade for the Game: A-