The Mets had been playing so well. We were doing everything right. However, in the past two games, things have gone south. The offense has gone nowhere, the lineup is still working counts and producing runs. However, the pitching and defense had let us down. Coming into this series, we had the 2nd lowest ERA in baseball, I’m sure that title is gone. Our starters have had two rough outings in a row and our bullpen has had a lot of work, which also didn’t help much. Another problem is the defense. Not just errors, but bone-headed plays. For example, the bunt that Ike threw away yesterday, he should have gone to 3rd base. With Johan struggling that much, take the free out and move on. He needed every out that he could get. If we fix these things, we can get back on track very quickly.
Game 1 Numbers:
- Carrasco started and went 3 2/3 innings, 4hits, 3 runs, 3 walks, and 2 strikeouts.
- Misch gave up a run in 2 innings of work today.
- Igarashi and Parnell had scoreless outings, Igarashi went 1/3 of and inning and Parnell went 2 innings.
- Reyes and Harris each had RBI hits.
- Beltran, Pagan, Thole, and Hairston all had hits.
Game 2 Numbers:
- Harris and Murphy had the only 2 hits of game 2.
- Mike Pelfrey started and went 5 innings, 11 hits, 4 runs, 1 walk, and 3 strikeouts.
- Pedro Beato pitched 2 perfect innings striking out 3.
- Buchholz pitched a perfect inning striking out 1.
Daniel Murphy tried to steal 3rd with 0 outs and was thrown out by a mile. Are you kidding me? Down by 3 runs also? Unacceptable.
Carrasco was ok in a spot start, but Mike Pelfrey gave up 11 hits. That’s way to many in 5 innings of work.
The Mets can’t throw out a baserunner.
TOO MANY MENTAL MISTAKES.
On a brighter note, Pedro Beato has been great all season long.
Also, are you freaking kidding me Braves? Scheduling a double-header against a team that just had one on Thursday. That is just ridiculous. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not making excuses. I just thought what the Braves did was cheap and childish, trying to take advantage of a tired team and frankly, risking the health of some players. I would be fine if it was a Central team because the Mets would not have come back there. But, no they come back to Atlanta ALOT. I’m sorry but this whole day was completely bull, the Mets played awful but I am just pissed off at the Braves. The commissioners office should defiantly do something about this.