- Mike Hessman went 1-for-5 in his first start this year, coming mere feet from a grand slam in the first inning.
- Angel Pagan hit a huge 2-run homer in the 8th inning.
- Ike Davis hit a pinch hit 2-run single to tie the game for the Mets.
- Beltran hit his first homer of the year to get the Mets closer.
- Every starter got a hit besides Francoeur and Blanco.
- Santana was not Santana tonight going 5 2/3 of 13-hit, 7-run ball, walking 1 and striking out 2.
- Acosta, Takahashi, Dessens, K-Rod, Parnell, and Valdes all pitched scoreless innings.
- Feliciano gave up an RBI hit to Pujols in the 13th to lose the game.
The Mets came back from a 6-0 hole to tie the game.
Feliciano has not been Feliciano this year.
Although he’ll probably take some crap for in it from the NY media, I would have done exactly what Jerry did and pitched to Pujols instead of the red-hot Holliday.
The Mets need to start winning extra inning games. They are a league-worst 10-21 in 1-run games.
Grade for the Game: B