Box Scores: Game 1 Game 2
3 Standout Performances:
- Jason Bay hit a grand slam in game 1, in the first inning. He has looked amazing. Jason also drove in the only run in game 2.
- Over the double header, Daniel Herrera pitched 3 scoreless innings. I really like him as a lefty specialist.
- Chris Schwinden gave up 8 hits and 5 runs in 5 innings of work in his big league debut.
Anytime you lose a game where you hit a grand slam in the first inning it is bad. I am sorry, but I have a huge problem with that.
Chris Schwinden was effective in his debut, but not impressive. His stuff was not impressive with his cut fastball and curve, I hope to see more from him in his next start.
Dillon Gee simply had bad luck tonight giving up 4 hits and 2 runs in 6 innings of work. Now he knows how Dickey feels every start I guess.
Jose Reyes went 1 for 4 and is still hitting .335 on the season.
Grade for the Doubleheader: D+
- David Wright got the scoring started hitting a 2 run homer off of Derek Lowe. He has got a good shot at 100 RBIs this year.
- R.A. Dickey started giving up 10 hits, 4 runs, and 2 walks. The bullpen let 2 inherited runners score.
- Manny Acosta came in to face the bat of Derrek Lee and gave up a grand slam, go figures.
- The Mets scored their 3rd run on a double play.
Wow…swept at home, regardless that sucks.
David hitting an opposite field homer is a HUGE boost for him, his swing could be getting hot.
The Mets would have won today without that grand slam.
Grade for the Game: D
- Angel Pagan hit a 2-run homer in the first to score the Mets only 2 runs of the game.
- Takahashi got the first out of the 8th inning, but then allowed 2 runners to reach base before he was taken out.
- Manny Acosta gave up a walk and a grand slam to put the game out of reach.
- Niese was great going 7 strong innings without allowing a run and striking out 7.
- The Mets only had 3 hits tonight.
This was a heartbreaker after what Niese did tonight it looked like the dominance of the Rockies would continue.
Bullpens falter, but another grand slam this year… this is bad.
Mets had momentum with Pagan hitting the homer, but the offense shutdown right after. That was ugly.
Grade for the Game: C