- Jason Bay made his season debut and hit a double and score 2 runs.
- Chris Capuano started and went 7 innings and let up 6 hits, 1 run, 2 walks, and 4 strikeouts.
- Buchholz pitched 2 scoreless innings of relief while striking out 2.
- Mike Nickeas, David Wright, and Ike Davis all launched solo homers.
- Wright broke out of his slump going 2 for 3.
- Beltran and Turner also had hits.
Jason Bay looked good hitting the double in his return, the one problem still is the two strikeouts.
Capuano gave the Mets exactly what they needed going 7 strong innings and not walking many. Buchholz also pitched well to save the others in the ‘pen.
Ike’s homer was a BOMB. I mean it went way over the apple to straight away center. That’s why I love him.
Congrats to Mike Nickeas on his first big league homer. Love the silent treatment after he hit it.
It was great to see David hit well tonight, hopefully this will get him going.
The Mets need to play like this every night in order to get wins. They turned double plays, did not strand runners, and got outs. They made no errors and had a solid defense. This is they type of talent this team has to go out there and do this nightly. Good job guys.
Grade for the Game: A