- Chris Young had the overall biggest day for the Mets pitching with a line of 5 1/3 innings, 5 hits, 1 run, 3 walks, and 7 strikeouts.
- Young didn’t only pitch well, he hit well too, going 3 for 3 with an RBI and a run scored.
- David Wright had a huge game going 4 for 5 with 2 runs and 2 RBI.
- Hariston, Ike, and Emaus each had 1 hit and 1 RBI each.
- Reyes had 2 hits and Hu had 1.
- Carrasco pitched 1 2/3 innings of relief only letting up 1 hit and striking out 1.
- Byrdak threw an inning of relief and so did Bobby Parnell.
Chris Young was absolutely sensational tonight, he got a little tired towards the end but was still dominant on the mound AND at the plate. He was the first Met pitcher ever to get 3 hits in a game.
David Wright’s 4 hits were his first 4 hits game in over 2 years, he is locked in at the plate.
I love the way the offense worked tonight against Hamels. They were taking pitches and controling the at-bats. They weren’t chasing any pitches and they put good swings on the ball.
This team just has a different feeling than the 2010 team. It has more life.
Grade for the Game: A