By the Numbers:
- Dickey pitched 8 strong innings giving up 1 run on 4 hits. He walked 1 and struck out 3 Braves.
- Jose Reyes went 2 for 4 with a double and RBI.
- Daniel Murphy went 2 for 3 with a walk.
- Beltran hit an RBI double and left the game early after fouling a ball off his shin.
- Pagan, Tejada, and Turner had RBI singles.
- Acosta gave up 2 runs in 1/3 of an inning and K-rod gave up 1 in the final 2/3.
Dickey was great today with his second great start in a row. His knuckler was great as it fooled the Braves hitters all night. It looks like he is back to himself again. I wish he could have gone 9, but I guess his pitch limit was over.
Jose Reyes is starting to defy words. He is just amazing. He could be buying his way into a Mets uniform for years to come.
The offense was great without Bay tonight. Even with Murphy as a cleanup hitter they can still produce without home runs. 4 of the starting 9 tonight are hitting above .300.
The bullpen is awful. Simply put, it needs help and alot of it.
Grade for the Game: B